Skip to main content

WHITE AS SNOW




     There are a million memes, comments, and thoughts on 2020. For some, the year was harder than others. For all the jobs lost, overworked, and stressed out health care workers, teachers, and parents turned teachers. For all those whose jobs may have gone unnoticed but suddenly the rest of the world realized were most important. I'm sure many are ready to kiss 2020 goodbye. We were one of those who people suddenly realized had essential jobs. Remember trying to get milk and eggs at the store and you were told to limit how much you got. Meanwhile, we watched thousands of gallons of milk dumped right into a big pit of you know what. Like the rest of the world, we tried to make sense of it all and had many questions.

     Not all of 2020 was bad however, many learned the value of spending time with family and friends, something that was maybe taken for granted. The importance of helping out someone in need, or seeing the person stocking shelves at the grocery store in a whole new light.

    For some, they will remember 2020 for reasons that have nothing to do with a virus, shutdowns, or lack of toilet paper. It will be the year they remember losing a loved one or other heartbreaks. For some, they will remember the Joy of saying their wedding vows or having a child. In some ways good or bad it was like any other year.

     Our year too started off with a few setbacks and some heartbreak that lead us to make some big decisions and changes.

    Last week we had what in my opinion is the best part of winter, a snowstorm! I absolutely love snow! My kids were not the only ones out playing in it by 7:45am the next morning. It also got me thinking, even though the world is focusing on saying goodbye to a tough year there was still so much to be thankful for. Seeing everything covered in a blanket of white snow right before Christmas seemed so fitting. We are getting ready to celebrate Jesus' birth who then would die on the cross to wash away our sins and make us white as snow. Although the snow is almost gone so is 2020. May we remember the meaning of Christmas and look to a brighter future.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME IS NO LONGER MINE

 My child: “Mom!!! I'm hungry, can I have a snack?” Me: “I just gave you a snack.” My child: “But I’m still hungry.” My child: “Mom!!! When is dad coming home?” Me: “He was just in for lunch it will be a while.” *Crash* Me: “Girls what fell?” My child: “Mom she broke the closet door again.” Seconds later... Me: “Get off the kitchen counter we just had lunch I'll get you a snack in a little bit.” Me:“Stop jumping on the sofa!!” Me: “Do not let the dog in he just ran though mud!!!” These our the conversations or things I say almost daily.         Yes my days are filled with breaking up fights, time outs, hugs, laughs, laundry, cleaning up spills, and the list goes on and on. I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s only  March and at times I’m counting down till they start chopping rye. Something about the excitement of that first harvest of the year makes us all a little excited and happier after a long the winter indoors. Yes, it means long, long hours
           As I look around my house toys are everywhere, shoes are strewn about, hats with names of seed companies hang on chairs, and another load of laundry needs put away. I can't help but hope and pray someone doesn't show up at the door, on second thought who cares. It's the middle of harvest and the last few days my house has been a revolving door. Between carpool drop off and pick up, lots of little kids in and out, a husband stopping in to grab lunch not having time to take his shoes off, and milking cows,  keeping my house completely free of any toys or dirt is literally impossible. No matter how hard I try.      The week ended with a bang. Corn was combined, stalks shredded, bailed, stacked away, and the smell of freshly hauled manure filled my house, despite all the candles burning. The kids took turns riding along with Blake and time spent in the barn with me.      Savannah was kind enough to point out several days while climbing in the car after school that I

Hopeful and Healing

     It has been a crazy few weeks to say the least! Many people have been asking family members or myself how things are going, and how I'm recovering with the social distancing guidelines and all. Honestly things are not going as originally planned but then again that is just the way life is  right now. I don't think anything is going as anyone had planned this spring. I am so thankful that I was able to have my surgery, I was within just a few days of it needing to be canceled, all non emergency surgeries were canceled later that week. I'm Getting stronger and feeling more like myself every week. Thank you for the prayers and meals you have blessed us with the last few weeks.    I can hardly believe how things have changed the last month. I am now doing school at home with Savannah. The first week went really well, but the eye rolling, and" do I have to " comments when I tell her its time to do her school work are now a daily occurrence. I also know we hav